topmenu

a page from my journal :: new year, new word

January 1, 2011

in 2007, christine kane initiated a resolution revolution and created the one word project to help people go gently and mindfully into the new year.  since then, so many of us have adopted this wonderful tradition as a new way of letting go of unrealistic expectations and a way to nurture and grow our lives with compassion and love.

last year i chose the word NURTURE and 2010 seemed to immediately manifest itself around the energy of that word.  wishstudio was reincarnated and nurtured into a more dynamic and multifacited creative community, while at the same time filling my own life with realized hopes and dreams. it was a good word and an amazing year of abundance and growth!

this year as i mulled over the words in my head i kept getting stuck in the words that were too wide and expansive… that were looking for more, when really i felt like what i need is to savor what is.  2010 overflowed with the blossoms of many tiny seeds, and it was one of those pivotal years that every aspect of my life and work shifted.

as i move into this next year i feel pulled by a sense of settling, of really getting dirty in the soil and enriching the foundation of all of that abundance. for this reason my word this year is RESPONSIBILITY. it’s unsexy. it’s practical. it’s not trendy or cliche. it’s really where i need the most focus and direction.

read more about my word choice in my new year’s journal post.

what word did you choose?  share it here so we can cheer each other on as we leap intom 2011! HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone! my yours be filled with joy and many wishes come true!!!

7 Responses to “a page from my journal :: new year, new word”

1. bonnierose says:

My word for this New Year is COURAGEOUS.
    I want to hv more courage this year, about so many things.
    see my blog post here,

2. Stacey says:

Hooray for the new Word of the Year! I’ll be talking about my word for 2010 – FREEDOM – on my blog on Monday and my word for 2011 – EPIPHANY – the next week!

Thanks so much for providing this space to celebrate and cheer each other on! xxoo, s

3. Lisa Wright says:

Mine is PUBLISHED. I wrote about it here

Anyone want me to write for them????

4. Thanks for sharing your word. I drew cards this morning. 12 to represent each month of the year and a 13th to sum up the theme of the year. I used Soul Coaching cards by Denise Linn (which are truly fabulous). My thirteenth card was Freedom. I see it was a word for someone else in 2010. It will be an interesting year since my external life might be a little more nailed down, so Freedom will manifest in other ways! I appreciate your inspiration to put it into a word of the year.
    Cheryl Umberger

5. Jill nalette says:

happy super duper new year, mindy!
    my word came to me and it’s learn….so much for me to learn.
    xo and smiles~ jill

6. celticbuffy says:

I choose the word “stronger”. It’s both what I am and what I am learning to be.

7. Danielle says:

My word is Momentum. I also feel its not sexy or glamorous. My word last year was beginnings & I just want to keep on moving & growing & expanding & running with what I’ve started in 2010. Happy New Year!