topmenu

the necklace project {link #3}

March 18, 2010

“Feet, what do I need you for when I have wings to fly?”
-Frida Kahlo

Hello, My name is Carmen Nessman. I am a mom, a full time admin assistant, and a self taught jewelry and mixed media acrylics and collage artist. I carry my camera everywhere with me and I blog and write with a not very perfect English. You can call it Span-glish. That’s okay. What matters is that I blog with a purpose. I have been sharing my art and life journey online for five years –my challenges, fears and some sad stories too.

I believe life is good and, creativity is your birthright. Art is my light. When darkness appears, art has shown me the way.

“I paint my own reality. The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration.”
-Frida Kahlo

This is Frida Kahlo… She was born in Mexico about one hundred years ago. Frida was an artist. She tells us, using vibrant colors, about her life in her paintings, about her family, her love for animals, about her beloved Blue house and her husband Diego. Frida used to paint from her bed because she was often sick. Her painting carries with it the message of pain, reflects her struggles and suffering. Frida often painted herself, too. How beautiful she was!!! She enjoyed braiding her long hair, wearing flowers and all kind of handmade folk jewelry.

“I paint self-portraits because I am so often alone, because I am the person I know best.”
-Frida Kahlo

A very quiet prayer for Frida from me, What a courageous life and spirit of hers!

And with this inspiration in mind, I took the wish project necklace to work with me.
During my lunchtime, I went for a walk and stopped in the library to do some of this writing. Also, I reflected on the purpose of this necklace and how honored I am to have added to it my own uniqueness, good energy, intentions and my true heart’s desire

My wish and mission as a person and artist is to keep on sharing my life and art as it is, regardless of that sensation I have sometimes of vulnerability and also of not being noticed and or taken seriously. Oh gosh! How much I yearn for validation for my art that I do! And as part of that wish, I will keep on sharing publicly my visions by writing, painting and other creations. I will keep on persisting and engaging. That’s the way!

Just like frida, my art makes me feel complete no matter what. And I enjoy sharing it with the world.

I have to admit that I have another wish. If possible, I wish I can be a light to you, to inspire and empower you to believe in yourself and dare to express what you really want. Enough of the pleasing! Live, enjoy and create to your heart’s content!!! Be curious. If you need help say it aloud. Act. say no, or say yes, but act!

Now, I’ve gotta go, time to put a flower in my hair, dangly earrings on, and go out and lay down in the grass to watch the clouds and sky.

Life is good, love is the way, live artfully!

29 Responses to “the necklace project {link #3}”

1. Karen says:

I want to let you know that at least part of your wish has come true today in that you inspired me! "Life is good, love is the way, live artfully!"That quote, in an of itself, is something that I intend to carry with me. Thank you for sharing!

2. Kells says:

Carmen–Beautiful post! I am a Frida fan too. And I love that quote she said about having wings.And yes, Act- say yes, say no, but act! Good words.Thank you!Kelli

3. lila says:

Beautiful! Beautifully expressed and beautifully written!I love wearing oneof your Frida pendants!Art truly heals and saves whether or not we make a "name" for ourselves as an artist!Hugs to you! You continue to inspire!

4. gemma says:

Love your words and art Carmen,and the fact that they come straight from your heart. love this:"Feet, what do I need you for when I have wings to fly?"-Frida Kahlo

5. Meri says:

Carmen, my little mermaid, I am so proud of you. Keep dreaming dreams into reality, baby.

6. WrightStuff says:

Carmen, you always inspire me :) How lovely to pop by the Wish Studio today and find you here. Isn't it funny how us bloggers criss cross through blogland finding each other again and again.

7. Marilyn says:

Carmen, what a beautiful post…but i would expect nothing less from you because you ALWAYS inspire me. it's easy to see your outer beauty, but what makes you so special is your profoundly good inner beauty. may your art always show you the way…and may you continue to inspire all of us along the way. xo

8. Carmen says:

Mindy:Thank YOU very much for EVERYTHING you do for this community.I am so honoured to be part of this project, and very happy sharing my two wishes in this wishstudio Today, and at the same time, I have to admit that i feel butterflies of happiness sharing my heart and thoughts with you all.Again, Thank you very much!Ladies, reading your encouraging words and comments here is fantastic!Thank you ALL very much! Carmen Nessman

9. Doe Grozs Art says:

Carmen, You ARE inspiring! I love your attitude towards life and Art :-)Your light beams with love.. and it shines brilliantly!

10. Seth says:

What a wonderful post. So well written and so meaningful. Definitely from the heart. and carrying an important message. Carmen you have inspired me for sure.

11. Emily says:

Carmen I love it, and you! Too much goodness!!! =)thank you for sharing!

12. Vanyvalu says:

Beautiful Carmen, i´m so grateful to meet your vibrant energy and love for art, i always feel inspired and happier after reading you amiga.You deserve every blessing because you give so much trouhg your words, your art and your uniqueness.Congratulations and know for sure this is one of the many more recognition of your soul´s expression:your art.Te abrazo con profunda admiración y agradeciemiento.

13. Anonymous says:

What a terrific post! So glad that the necklace flowed from me to you. Carmen, please email at patriciadolan@comcast.net. If I had known that I sending the necklace along to a 'Frida Fan' than I would have sent flowers too!Trish

14. Gloria says:

Very nice Carmen. I love what you wrote and of course Life is just wonderful. In fact, it's so great to be alive.::hugs:: You look beautiful.

15. marthaberry says:

Beautiful, as always! Your honesty is what makes you and your art so beautiful! Congratulations of being selected for this honor! You often give me hope on days when there wasn't any. thank you, Carmen!

16. Gloria says:

ps…Carmen, I love the bangle you are wearing:DDDD Tee HeeCongratulations!!

17. Stephanie says:

Brava Carmen!! Wonderful post, inspirational to be sure.x..x

18. nadia says:

cheers to you carmen! keep on going forward! you have SO much more for the world to see and I am excited to see it! happy weekend! ciao!

19. Ginny says:

Beautiful Carmen and congratulations for all that you are doing.

20. John McElveen says:

"Life is good, love is the way, live artfully!"You Inspired me.I have a question my little Artistic friend….after the lead in saying….Read me, yes Read me!!!!! Did you need a cigarette!That was soooooo…… well it got me to this page. :-=) I think Lil Red is rubbing off on you–or is it the other way around. I'd LOVE to be a fly on the wall and just listen and watch you two if you ever got together with your incredible SPIRITS!!!Keep up the awesome work. You will inspire millions! SUCH LIGHT!!! is that La Luz?Our posts are similar–mine is for Sunday, and then I read yours and it confirms everything I desired to say! Chica– you said it much more profoundly and beautifully–I owe you THANKS!!!!!!!!!John

21. rivergardenstudio says:

Such wonderful words here…" art is my light"… oh yes… thank you! roxanne

22. Tinker says:

Your art and your writing are beautiful, Carmen – as are you, with your joyful, creative spirit.I think many of us feel that vulnerability that you speak of – but I want to tell you – you and your art are most definitely seen, noticed and taken seriously – and you inspire others. I know rhis, because you inspire me!xo

23. Anali says:

This is wonderful Carmen! Your post is full of such creativity and light. I'm so looking forward to my turn to wear the necklace. And I love Frida! Oh, this is good! : )

24. Dream With the Fishes says:

I LOVED this entire post, Carmen!! I'm here to tell you that, as far as I'm concerned, your other wish has come true for have most certainly been, and continue to be, a shining light and a very definite inspiration in my life – even though I only know you through blogland! xoxo Serena

25. Apuuica, New York Roofers
    ehiveznei oiwavee iuvaocwi aiioda oainoat iexaquce…

26. Nice replies in return of this difficulty with firm arguments and explaining the whole thing about
    that.

27. kaftan vente says:

Just want to say your article is as surprising. The clearness for your submit
    is simply great and i could assume you are a professional on this subject.

Fine with your permission allow me to clutch your feed to stay up to
    date with coming near near post. Thank you one million and please carry
    on the gratifying work.

28. maori tattoo says:

Which common tattoo removal products REALLY work, and which ones
    are nothing but myth and marketing hype. When the tattoo becomes slightly lighter,
    you can apply the dark shade of concealer. It’s a become of is some contrasting and permanent tattoos past the orthodox (vs unorthodox) represent of art the past.

29. I’ve been browsing online more than three hours today, yet I never
    found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty
    worth enough for me. In my view, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the internet will be much more useful than ever before.

Review my web blog: casino hotels in biloxi ms on beach blvd